Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just... a Peek

Hi all! I'm Melissa (most people just call me Mel), and this will be my very first blog entry. Well, I've never blogged before - it's actually quite tiring collecting my thoughts and thinking about what to say about myself! There's always a first to everything, and I hope that my first foray into blogging will turn out to be an.. interesting experience? Yup! I can always hope. Heh.

Let's see.. Where do I start? I love watching stuff: television serials, movies, plays/musicals. Apart from the obvious entertainment value, I believe that we can learn something about life through watching and observing. It's the whole life mirrors art, art mirrors life thing. Yeah.

Putting the serious stuff aside, I absolutely love slapstick humour and dry humour! Anything silly/incredibly witty can make me laugh! Yes, I'm easy to please. Zoolander has got to be one of the silliest but funniest movies around! The way Ben Stiller spouts those incredibly stupid lines with a straight face cracks me up! He should just trademark his Zoolander pout already. Haha. For those who haven't caught it, do add this movie to your "Must Watch" list! It makes for some good, silly, but kinda brainless entertainment ;)

Well. I guess I'll just stop here for now. I've not revealed much about myself in this post; there are still many other things I enjoy doing, or hope to do! I hope this will suffice for now, there is always the whole semester to get better acquainted with each other :)

On a last note, here a few pictures of a sunset I took last week before a heavy downpour:





Note how the sky changes color in a mere few minutes, how the rich orange slowly ebbs and dissipates into the horizon.. I was really in awe. The sunset itself was much more breathtaking and majestic compared to how it turned out in the photos. I'm no photographer (heck, it's not even a hobby of mine), and I gotta admit that the pictures themselves are a little crappy, heh. Nothing compared to what those photographers or buddings pros can do with their cameras :D At least I can take personal gratification in the fact that I captured these pictures myself :) And there can never be a shortage of sunset pictures out there, they're just so beautiful.

Well. There you go, my very first blog post. How did I fare? =)

6 comments:

Velvet Eden said...

mel mel!

I like your sunset pics! There can never be too many beautiful sunset moments to capture, especially when the day was hot! - Daphne

applebox said...

well well nice to see ya first post! :) lovely pics la, where got not nice?

Unknown said...

Good stuff! Keep it up!

Renhao said...

Hoho Zoolander... "Then we'll need someone else to say our eugologeess..."

Ho Viet Hai said...

Mel mel! Congratulations! Keep posting more and more pictures!

Kevin said...

Interesting how so many of you love to take pictures of sunsets :)